Sangria

Image generated by Bing AI

The beats, the music
I want every part of me
to move,
to sway.
But I can't seem to 
stand on my feet. 
I feel heavy. 
Have I put on? 
Or is it the weight of the burdens
placed on me? 
Maybe I am the burden. 

My lips haven't touched a drink
and yet, I'm the most drunk in the room. 
Green, blue, violet
in a loop.
Am I falling asleep? 
Or falling into the abyss? 
All I know
is that it's pitch-black
at both ends. 

So, I keep my lids open.
I'd rather be in the light
that blinds me, 
than in the darkness
that kills me.




This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023.
Previous post: I Pity The Skies
Next post: Loss

 

Comments

  1. The feeling to wanna move and the tensions that keep you from doing it, the dizziness it gives you. And about the love for being there...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss