I Pity The Skies

 

The sun smiles at me.

But not you

You've never pleased me.

But today,

I pity you.

You're all alone.

Vast and wide and blue.

Sad and embarrassed

because your friends didn't show;

the clouds.


You're like a mannequin without clothing.

Shy and delicate.

So I decorate you with my thoughts.

Wanting them to float away

like your friends

Far-off and free

unlike me.


Unless

they know not their way

and in a moment of darkness,

they burst into tears.


Smoke, dust, and dirt

filling the air, 

they say it's never too late.

But look at you now!

Eroded and polluted.

I wish you stayed a mannequin.

Shy and delicate.

Unaffected by my thoughts

My unbenign thoughts.






This is the first post of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023.
Next post: Sangria


Comments

  1. Beautiful I should say, yet my thoughts lie contrary to what you said... cause there always is a rainbow at every corner of a storm and could be one even if everything around is polluted, I say there are rainbows in your case a zillion of them and bet they could swallow off the storms you mentioned making the sky a lot more beautiful than it was... a decorated mannequin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all pity the skies because of the way they are being masked by pollution. If only we could learn to live in harmony with Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting how you've personified the sky here. The imagery in this piece is truly captivating. I can almost feel the warmth of the sun and the loneliness of the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss