25/10/2021🪄

 

✏ Anvin Reji

I don't think I had anything to hold on to on the first day of college, except maybe the rosary on my wrist. But that was until I saw the library. I had one straight look at it, and it took me to 'The Breakfast Club' library. For a minute, I thought I was with Bender, Claire and the other characters serving detention. As soon as I entered the library, I saw my feelings of despair gather into a cloud and disappear into the thin air of the huge, white hall. There was no one in there other than the staff. I ran upstairs to where the books were. And what caught my eye, were rows of shelves filled with tons of books. Overexcited, I sprinted my way through the shelves catching glimpses of the different categories of books until the peering eyes of the librarian brought me to a halt. I was a bit embarrassed on my way back to the first shelf when I saw something that filled my eyes with tears - tears of joy. There it was, right in front of me, the book I had been wanting to read for a long time. The latest Harry Potter book - Harry Potter And The Cursed Child. Being a crazy Potterhead, I started reading it right then and there. I wanted to read the entire book but I had to get back to class. I couldn't borrow it yet as I didn't have a library card. I was blushing as I returned because I felt like I had discovered a different world altogether, my Hogwarts amidst a world of muggles. 
Be it the big white walls and the small green bushes which, by the way, resemble a dove with an olive branch, or the huge shelves filled with all kinds of books, there was something about the library that drew me to it ever since. 

The library still remains to be my favorite place at college.

 


 


Comments

  1. Of all I feel your writing has brought a smile just like it always does.

    A fine space of freedom amongst the people who don't see the real you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this was like watching you in a movie acting out the scene! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from another kindred spirit who found solace exactly there. The huge library was one of the reasons that made my days. After many years and many books I run into the library with renewed fervent. It is this place that shelters me in my rough days... Truly a place to get lost in different ways.... Deserted by people or being lost in books. Even after many years every time I look at this shelves I feel life's short.

    PS: I hope you did identify me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught you at the first sentence ^ ^

      I wonder why we never met there...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss