Oyasumi Punpun

Top post on Blogchatter

Manga review


Long, lonely lanes
are all I see
while I walk home
to Punpun.

I open the manga,
flip the pages,
see familiar faces
stare into my soul.

The air is stiffening,
oh, so is my heart,
as Punpun lies in his tub
pondering over existence.

Had I been the mangaka,
I'd've colored him blue.
He'd be soaring heights
without the aid of the sky.

I fell asleep
trying to connect
the stars of a constellation
that he loves.

I heard him whisper,
"What's the point?"
Or was it the echo
of my own screams?

How I wish
he was real.
I'd have a twin.
Everyone would.

'cause Punpun is me.
Punpun is you.
Punpun is every single one of us
in our rawest forms.

Oyasumi, Punpun.



 



Oyasumi Punpun is a manga written and illustrated by Inio Asano covering themes like depression, loneliness, and the absurdity of life.  







 

Comments

  1. It feels sad only to realize that my personal issues are going public... lmao, realizing that it isn't just one person alone going through it makes me feel happy and sad in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God, dear God, tinkle-tinkle hoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ennath Punpun...

    😂

    Nice one though...

    💥🖤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Loss