Dreams


You took my heart and left.

You never brought it back. 

How am I supposed to feel anything now?

How am I to breathe?

What do I tell the stars?


Every day,

I feel the emptiness grow.

I speak of great things

but think of you

I have big goals

but dream of you


Atleast I have you in my thoughts,

I have you in my dreams.


I try 

filling that hole

with things that do not fit.

With verses too long 

and songs too melancholy

Is it only you 

that can make me whole? 


Tell me,

Does the moon speak to you

of me?

Do the stars lament

about me? 


I talk to you

in my dreams. 

Day and night,

I talk to you

of the new rose in my garden,

of the latest Marvel movie,

of the Colleen Hoover novels. 


How much do my dreams weigh?

Do they matter enough

for you to come back?

Or do I steal another heart

to conceal that ditch? 



"Only in their dreams can men be truly free. T'was always thus and always thus will be." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society.


This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2023.

Previous post: Coorg

Next post: Elephant Kraal

 

Comments

  1. The stars and the moon throw in a lot of light in the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the moon speak to you?
    Do the stars lament me?
    So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wretched moon and stars, they almost remind you everything. Memories hidden behind the veil and of the happiest moments. How can something be so mesmerizing and be so heart breaking.
    I looked at the stars yesterday and
    I lived a life that will never be
    T'was all for good
    All's well in love.
    Have faith little star,
    For you are given many lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss