X'mas

December is my favorite month and Christmas, my favorite holiday season. Ever since I was a kid, December has been my favorite. December is like the cherry on top - it's the final month of the year and the perfect time to splurge and relax. By the end of December, everyone is in a set mood to welcome a new year. 

December begins with putting up a star that will shine brightly for the next 25 days. The church offers us prayers for Advent. Each day's prayer involves a small spiritual offering to give to Jesus. 

Christmas comes with happiness - cribs, cakes, cards, crackers, carols. The presence of winter's coolness adds an extra layer of joy to the Christmas season. 
There was a Christmas I recall where the carol came late. I was insistent on not sleeping until I had seen Santa. However, the stubbornness of my 6-year-old self didn't last long. I soon fell asleep and the next day, I was mad at everyone for not waking me up.


The highlight of Christmas Eve is decorating the house. Making cribs is a family affair. Activities such as collecting hay and placing figurines in the crib, setting up a Christmas tree, and illuminating the house with bells and incandescent bulbs are what makes Christmas Eve special. When we were younger, my brother and I were hesitant to participate in caroling because we would have to visit too many houses and would get tired. But for the past 4 years, we have attended every carol because my brother has taken the role of Santa Claus and I have portrayed Mother Mary. Being Mother Mary for that one day is both amusing and rewarding. Following the Holy Mass, Christmas Day is often spent watching movies like Home Alone 2: Lost In New York, The Grinch, and Alvin And The Chipmunks.  


Christmas celebrations were not limited to home, as at school, there would be activities like Secret Santa and carol song competitions.

As the song goes, 'Joy to the world! The Lord is come', Christmas is indeed the most joyful time of the year.     






This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2023.
Previous post: Walter Mitty Syndrome
Next post: Your Lie In April








  

 


 

Comments

  1. 'Christmas is indeed the most joyful time of the year'- You got that right...
    💥✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is the happiest festival indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️ December is the best time of the year and Christmas is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss