Until Next Time !

 

A few months ago, my friend and I happened to go to the airport to drop another friend who was leaving the country for her higher studies. It had been so long since I'd gone to an airport. There is something about airports that catches your guts, something that makes you feel both happy and sad at the same time. While we were outside the departures area waiting for our friend to wave her last bye, I looked at the arrivals area right below. I smiled seeing the happy faces of the people meeting their loved ones after so long. I felt happy all of a sudden. I was so caught up in feeling sad about my friend leaving that I completely overlooked the good parts such as the fact that she'll be back in a few years and that she'll have a wonderful time there. That's the same with life. With all the negativity on top, we often fail to look at the positives and smile. We don't realize just how important looking at the other side can be. 

The light emanating from the airport made the sky look like a sunset. People moving with bags and planes taking off didn't seem scary anymore. I silently said to myself, "Until next time!"





This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2023.
Previous post: Turning Red
Next post: Vazhakulam


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss