Empty Basket

Where are all the words?
They can't all be gone,
not this fast!
Were they stolen,
by any chance?
Na,
no one's got the key
to my head.
Unless I stored some
in my heart.
Did I?

I'm done
searching inside.
I go out
with a basket
and before I know it,
it's overflowing
with buds of ideas.
I seek the aid of time
to help nourish them
to form new words,
words of mine.

They have grown now
into pretty little phrases.
I give them toys
to play with -
Commas, full stops.
Exclamations!
They fight a lot
claiming one is better
than the other.
Puberty.
What can I say?

I can't wait to see them
grow into mature sentences,
perfect paragraphs,
excellent essays,
and big books.
Until then 
I'll keep feeding them,
guarding them
from being stolen
cause I am nothing
without my words.
I am only an empty basket
without my words.





This is the last post of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023.
Previous post: A Familiar Ache
 

Comments

  1. One day I too shall sing
    Sing from my heart
    Heart that overflows
    Overflowing with glee.

    It's an internal fight. One day I'll form the perfect sentences too. Until then I shall dwell in the world of incomplete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative way to show love for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words are alive...a beautiful ode to language and the way we communicate and express.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss