Zoom-life

 


March 2020. "God, I need a break from all this." My phone pings. 'Tomorrow is a holiday due to the rising spread of the corona virus.' "Wow, that was fast", I thought. What did I know? 

Grade twelve had only just begun and the pressure of boards already had me in its web. The first week itself was exhausting. By the second week, I was done. I was longing for the summer holidays and wished they came sooner. I wanted a break, but not one that long! 

When the lockdown was declared, I was really happy. I loved being home with my family. My mother, brother and I tried out a lot of new recipes, like everyone did in the beginning of the lockdown. Remember dalgona coffee? We tried making it but it was a failure. I was having a great time in the beginning binge watching web shows and reading new books. But how long did I really expect to continue like that? I had this idea that staying at home, without needing to go anywhere, would be absolutely amazing. Soon enough, I realized how wrong I was. 

Online classes had begun on Zoom. We were new to it and had our fun exploring the app. But when the novelty wore off, it became a nightmare. Waking up to the screen, dozing off during classes, not knowing which day or what time it was- there couldn't have been anything worse. It was so tiring and depressing. In the beginning, I attended all the classes and took notes on time. But after a few months, I was completely torn between my studies and a lack of motivation to do anything at all.

The lockdown made us contemplate our existence and ponder the meaning and purpose of our lives. I became aware of how much I had taken everything for granted. My heart ached to go back to school. The fact that we were not only missing out on all the fun but also on the final year of school was driving me crazy.  

Although the lockdown was mentally challenging, I was grateful that it did not take a toll on me physically. The lockdown helped me appreciate the significance of human interaction and its role in our lives. Social media may provide temporary relief from boredom, but it cannot replace the richness of real-life experiences. Let us hope we never have to face a lockdown again.  





PS: I have come to the end of #BlogChatterA2Z2023. Never in my life did I think, I would be doing something like this. I was so sure I wouldn't be able to do this, that I didn't even want to try at first. I am deeply grateful to Tomichan sir for making me take up this challenge. I remember when he said, "Give it a try. You can stop it at any time if you find it too hard." Surprisingly, I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I feel like I've unearthed a part of myself that was previously reluctant to surface. This had been a dream. BlogChatter was just what I had been looking for. Thank you for this opportunity and for providing me with something to anticipate. I look forward to do more challenges with you. You have expanded my horizons. This April has been the most productive month of my entire life. I am going to miss waking up and brainstorming a new topic for each letter every day. I am going to miss that adrenaline rush. I thank everyone who took time to read, comment and share these posts. Your simple gesture meant so much to me. Thank you for the support. It indeed was an adventure!  

This is the last post of #BlogChatterA2Z 2023.
Previous post: Your Lie In April


Comments

  1. I'm as thrilled as you are. You did a marvellous job. Now you have new milestones ahead 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the day before our university exam. I hadn't studied a single word till noon. Our seniors had their exam and they are waiting to enter the hall. Suddenly my phone rings, it was one of my seniors asking me to turn on the news. News channels hasn't been streaming live in YouTube back then. He said "invigilators has asked us to go home, no explanation was given." Alla the major news channel showed the headlines .. PM has announced a nation wide lockdown for 21 days.

    Curtailing freedom to move is a common factor in all dystopian movies. But still, it was a new experience. Never have I felt such a strong urge to go out. So we did sneak out, played cricket, ran from the police, go on for really long walks,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss