Quiet

I can't sleep
not 'cause of the mosquitoes 
that go on and on
with their unbearable whining.
Not the heat
that cooks me up
like a meal. 
But my mind
that never stops thinking,
and my thoughts
that buzz louder than bees. 

I twist and turn,
stuff my head in a pillow, 
cry like a baby.
Wanting it to be quiet,
wanting it to go away.
But the noise inside
is too loud
for my shrieks
to be heard.

I finally fall asleep
trusting my dreams.
But they get even louder
than my screams 
making me sweat
more than the heat.

I have lost the joystick
to my mind.
Tell me what is worse!
What is worse than being trapped in your own head? 




Eid Mubarak 

This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2023.
Previous post: Pune
Next post: Really Rotten


 

Comments

  1. Amazing lines, Anu. "What is worse than being trapped in your own head?" Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Being trapped in your own head" restless nights lost in thoughts. I've always felt frightened by my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funtastic lines:) Yes, we are getting trapped in the hurl of our own thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss