Pune

Travel memoir 

This is my fifth and probably the last travel writing for #BlogChatterA2Z. Out of all the amazing trips that I've had, it would be unjust if I didn't write about Pune.
Let's go back to 2019, one of the most memorable years of my life.

I had just completed grade ten. It's no secret that grade ten can be the most exhausting year of a student's life.
I had been drowning in the pressure of scoring good marks and then the results came which left me bouncing between the decision of choosing a stream for grade eleven. Although the answer was pretty clear to me from the start, I still had doubts if I was making the right choice. Pune assured me that I was.

Pune is a happy, sunny place, radiating positivity. My brother, mother and I were there for my cousin brother's wedding. My cousin brother and sister were keen to show us around. Fun fact: That was the first time I ever hung out with elder cousins of mine. The night we spent in a restaurant at Phoenix Mall is framed in my heart as a life-changing moment. 
I was worried about going back to school the next academic year because most of my friends had left. It wouldn't be the same and I was extremely sad. Long conversations with Bhayya and Nindi helped me release some steam. I kept thinking I would never be happy like before. But they made me confident of the fact that better days were coming, that I needn't worry about the past or the future, and that I have to start living in the moment. And that's exactly what I did. I stopped waiting for life to get better, instead started making it better. I realized that it was all in my hands, only I could make myself happy. Only I could make myself smile. No one else was going to do it for me. It was the time I picked up a motto for myself, "I am the happiest". I kept saying it repeatedly like a chant. I still do. 

The best part, however, is that, my expertise in writing began in Pune. I wrote my first sensible poem, which I believe it was, while sitting on the windowsill of Bhayya's room. Bhayya and Nindi encouraged me to write more. It opened new doors for me, and I am grateful to them for paving the way. 

We visited various locations, savored delectable dishes, and the wedding ceremony was lovely. Of all the things I experienced in Pune, it was the significant mental realizations that I treasure the most. It was a kickstart to the best year of my life. I went with the flow and look at where I am now. Here I am writing a 'blog' post. From a small poem to a blog challenge - I have come a long way. And the choices I made; it was all worth it. 

Pune was the turning point that helped me get my life back on track.  








This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2023.
Previous post: Organic Farm ~ Dewalokam
Next post: Quiet


Comments

  1. Wow this reminds me of 'The road not taken' by Robert Frost. It has made all the difference, that's resonating in my head after reading this. You have travelled a lot. I sincerely hope you fall in love with endless journeys. 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss