Organic Farm ~ Dewalokam

Travelogue


While taking a short break from #BlogChatterA2Z for two days, I had an even shorter visit to a place I could only think of in my dreams. I feel terribly upset that I couldn't stay there longer than I could. Words won't do justice to express how it made me feel but let me try to put it subtly.


Dewalokam is an organic farm homestay situated in Karimannoor, Kerala. It is a paradise, to say the least. The tranquility, the greenery, the hospitality - everything about the place was so beautiful, it felt like it was out of a dream. The serenity of the place embraces you like a big teddy bear, mildly massaging your mind. Kaliyar river flows alongside the estate and it adds to the total harmony of this dreamy place. I am compelled to use the word 'dream' repeatedly because it still feels like a dream. The place was too good to be true. All my trips from previous years combined cannot match to the five, maybe six hours I spent there. It has changed me in ways I can't contemplate. It brought out the happiest smile on my face that I had been trying to input into my being for a long time. It has been three days now, yet the vibe from the place still sticks to my heart like 'fevikwik'. It refuses to leave my mind and surrounds me wherever I go. 


Being a private estate, it is off-limits to outsiders, creating a peaceful atmosphere inside. There was one other guest present at the time we visited. They were from Colorado, US. We had a hearty chat with them during dinner and that, again, felt like a dream because you don't get to meet many Americans in Kerala, let alone foreigners. I was amazed to hear how much they loved India. I was also psyched at the fact that we had so many things to talk about. I had never met foreigners who were as sweet as them.


The organic farm was abundant with a variety of things. There were beehives, fruits and vegetables I had never heard of, and a swimming pool to beat the heat. We tasted the miracle fruit and boy! wasn't it miraculous, adding sweetness to the sourest of fruits. It was when I lay in one of the hammocks in the garden that I realized this was the purest form of bliss - swinging, looking at the sky, trees on all sides, and listening to the familiar laughter of your loved ones.  


The silence was refreshing. There was no sound, except the chirping of birds. The diyas and the faint yellow lights resonated with my mood, providing me a homely feel. 


I love everything about the place and the way it made me feel. I love carrying it around in my head everywhere I go. I love the authentic Keralite touch that it had. I love how incredibly welcoming and comforting the place was, just like its big, grand doors.  

It indeed is a 'dewalokam'. A heaven on earth. 









This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2023.
Previous post: Night/mare
Next post: Pune

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss