Disoriented

I hear her voice

So profound 

So bewitching 

I step out

Out of my cave

into the wilderness.

I am far

Far from home.


I see her stare

Her eyes into mine

A gaze so strong

My eyes burn

The air, ablaze

of toxic fumes

But what does it matter? 

For I am far

Far from home. 

 

Her heart’s a hole

Once broken,

Now hollow

Devoid of hope

Of anything that persists

She begs for death

Pleads for mercy

Her scars bleed of venom

The venom you stung her with. 


She sings:

How do I escape a heart that keeps wallowing in the filth of a petrifying past?

as though

she’d read my mind

as though

my brain was speaking

Amidst the dilemma

I recognize her

She is me

I am her


I caress her hair 

Her long, luscious hair

I take her in my arms.

With the warmth of an embracement,

I find her 

Filling in the emptiness

Feeding me joy, 

and faith

Until she transformed

Into what she truly was-

Hope. 


I now sing:

that even in the darkest of nights, 

There always is a star

A star that shines upon you.

She was my star

and she walked me home.


Disoriented is also a song. Listen to it on https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbcOiZcjSyB993zjH0CrL47oOE7ek2q-RiBGc00/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

https://link.medium.com/m44eflzi3ob

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onam

Oyasumi Punpun

Loss